I managed to get a year without catching the virus, and I suppose if you do have children is inevitable that you get it at some point. I truth I wished to catch it over Christmas so that was at a quite time, so just watch what you wish for, you might just get it!
I got it for Christmas day, my son had a blocked nose and one of his friend’s sister got positive to the virus but not his friend, and my son was negative when he did the test. Maybe he did that too early. He had such mild symptoms. I got the typical flu like symptoms fever and bone pain. Then I tried to drink my usual Italian coffee in the morning and the taste was so disgusting that I gave it up. I was quite ill for a week and at the 6th day I though or great, getting better, but my stomach was pretty bad and with my taste being awful, whatever I had was bad and could not eat much. When I looked in the mirror on the 7th day, I looked black and white, and feeling my body, my energy force was gone, I could not feel any flow of energy going through my body. I was trying to do some craniosacral therapy on myself to get things going, but if felt that like an off switch that could not be turned on. I was so worried that I called the 111 to see if that was normal after 7 days. Well, I must have got a normal person on the phone and not much help, apparently, I had to push 9 and then 2, and then 2 again before I could get a nurse or doctor, I suppose for a sick person, or elderly person, that would be a disaster, not quite sure what that was about.
Seeing that the doctor would not have done anything anyway unless I was dying, which I felt I was, but not in their way I suppose, I decided to think as a therapist for myself and thought of what I could do to get that spark back into my body, that flow of energy back, or my body would be in deep trouble soon. I felt that a hot water bottle on my chest my help to ignite something. The warmth of the bottle helped. At night my body went into a trembling shock, and then it calmed down and the vitality came back again, I could start feeling the low of energy slowly coming back. I was still quite weak for another couple of days and I could only eat few things, for some reason I could not eat raw vegetables, but I managed to eat the fruits. I felt I just wanted soup and potatoes, and I forced myself to have some protein. Eggs and meat and fish, I could not digest the lentils, as for my digestive system was too much.
My suggestion for anyone going through mild or moderate symptoms to help get through and what I did:
- Take a tip of a teaspoon of vitamin C every two hours (from Biocare or Higher Nature powder form), this till all the symptoms go down, then take vitamin C, with meals only
- Take zinc citrate one a day with food or without (Biocare does a zinc citrate that melts well)
- Kaly bich, homeopathic remedy, to reduce the mucus,
- Steam with sea salt or Hymalaya salt with olbas oil to steam up your lungs (I had little cough, but the mucus was quite thick and could be hard to let go, so steam helps).
- Probiotics form Solgar (advanced multibillion dophilus), this if you get the stomach one, as you need to balance up your intestinal tract.
- As I have Gilbert’s syndrome, which one of the liver pathway detox slowly, I took glutathione to help and L glutamine to help repair the intestinal tract.
- Foodwise, lot of vegetables hot soup, you could add ginger to help, you might not taste it, but is ok.
- Fruits the seasonal ones, I could only eat more pears, rather than other fruits, but you might have other taste for it.
- You can you chicken soups or vegetable lentils soups, make sure that you mash them or chew them well. Do not add any chilli powder
- Eat more of gluten free food such as rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes and less cheese and dairy. This gives your digestive system a bit of rest and the body to deal with the virus. I had organic yogurt only.
- Remember to breathe consciously every now and then, to check that your breathing is good.
- I also did a lot of spiritual meditation, and with all my awareness I did ask for the healing energy to be within me, this is also something that I do for my client, and this time I was asking for myself healing as well. At night, I felt my entire body adjusting, like in key and lock place, reassembling all my bodies together. This is when I new I was getting better and stronger. It took me few more days to recover and get stronger, even before I could go out and walk a bit, reconnect to nature and earth. It felt I have been on a journey, hopefully stronger and wiser!
Now more than ever people need to be healthy in body, mind and soul. In order to do this, is not just changing your diet, but is changing your mindset. Some of the old habits have been conditioned in us since we were children, now it is time for you to know who you really are and what you want in life!
That can be combined with nutrition, positive mind set and knowing what you want!
This can be done via NLP, craniosacral therapy/healing and nutrition all at once, this year is the time of true changing!
(c) Maria Esposito BSc (Hons) R-Nutritional Therapist – NAET – R-Craniosacral Therapist – NLP practitioner – Certified Angel Guide